Do you wish you were proud of your smile instead of ashamed and embarrassed of it? If so, we have a few ways to grant your wish! With these seven whitening tips, you will have a whiter, brighter smile in no time:
1. Try do-it-yourself whitening: When it comes to whitening your smile in the comfort of your own home, there are many options available. You can search for do-it-yourself whitening systems, like whitening strips, whitening, gel, whitening kits, and whitening toothpaste, in the oral hygiene isle at the store. If you would like to know which treatment is best for your smile, you are more than welcome to ask your dentist for suggestions during your next appointment.
2. Experiment with home whitening remedies: If you would like to whiten your smile with products you can find at home, you can try brushing your teeth with baking soda. Many believe this whitens the chompers. You can also try brightening your smile by eating healthy foods, like apples, pears, carrots, and celery.
3. Consider dental care: There are many whitening treatments in dental care that can give you the smile you have always wanted. Some of those treatments include dental crowns, dental bonding, dental veneers, and professional teeth whitening treatments. If you are interested in any of these treatments, call our office today and schedule an appointment.
4. Stay away from stain-potential drinks: If you want the whitest smile possible, we recommend avoiding stain-potential drinks like coffee, tea, red wine, and soda. However, if you do need to drink these products, it’s best that you do so through a straw.
5. Quit smoking: Tobacco habits are known to stain and darken your teeth, and the best way to prevent this is by kicking the habit. If you need help quitting, your dentist will be happy to help you.
6. Practice good oral hygiene: If you participate in an oral hygiene routine each day, your teeth will have the best chance at becoming and staying white. So, do your best to brush your teeth each day, floss once a day, and rinse your mouth daily. You can do these things with a soft-bristled toothbrush, fluoride toothpaste, and beneficial mouthwash, like anti-gingivitis mouthwash, fluoride mouthwash, or bacteria-killing mouthwash.
7. Attend your dental checkups: Your dental checkups are vital if you want a strong and beautiful smile. Attending your checkups every six months will deeply clean, polish, and nourish your teeth, which will help you have the smile you love.
If you would like to know more or if you would like to schedule a whitening appointment with our dentist, we invite you to call our office today. We care about you and your smile, and we are happy to help you achieve the smile you are proud of by finding the best whitening treatment for you!